Thinking about booking a villa in South Africa for your upcoming travels? Here’s what you need to know.
With its abundance of natural landmarks, historical attractions, beach destinations and diverse scenic locations, the southernmost country in Africa has become a prime travel destination for business and leisure travellers alike. Very few other places in the world offer the ability to combine Big 5 safaris, city escapes, beach vacations, honeymoons and world-class conferences… in one single country. But in this part of the world, diversity is just one of the things that South Africa does best.
Just in case you needed any more reason to consider a South African villa for your next holiday or trip, we’ve put together a list of what makes this country worth a visit.
Why Should You Consider Booking South African Villas?
From nature to history; culture to adventure; forests to oceans… visitors staying at villas in South Africa have the advantage of a world of experiences at their fingertips when staying in this one-of-a-kind destination. Some of the top reasons to plan a trip to this part of the globe include the following:
- Nature-lovers’ paradise. If it’s nature you’ve come to see, you certainly won’t be disappointed. Across each province, natural landscapes abound. Forests, lakes, mountains, valleys, rivers, bushland, wetlands, coastal habitats and even deserts can all be found here. Not surprisingly, this has made the country a prime choice for nature photographers, who have a vast range of landscapes to capture from coast to coast.
- Perfect for romance. South Africa has also become a favourite for destination weddings, along with honeymoons. It is ideal for a romantic weekend away with a loved one, or a surprise anniversary holiday for a beloved spouse. Beaches, luxurious villas, secluded game reserves, delicious food, warm weather… what could be better?
- Fun-filled family holidays. From Gauteng to Cape Town, Durban, the Garden Route and throughout the rest of the country, family holidays have the advantage of a huge diversity of things to see, do and experience for all ages. Hiring a spacious villa gives you the benefit of privacy and space for little ones, allowing you to relax without worrying about hotel limitations.
- Diversity of cultures. Experience the rich cultures of Mzanzi, from the Zulu homelands in KwaZulu-Natal to the Xhosa culture that is rooted in the Western and Eastern Cape Provinces, the Sotho cultures in Gauteng and plenty more besides. English, Afrikaans, Indian, Chinese and many international influences can also be found throughout, providing a mix of cultures that is as unique as the country itself.
- Historical landmarks galore. Experience a wealth of museums, monuments, historical sites such as the Cradle of Humankind in Gauteng, Robben Island in Cape Town, the Battlefields in KwaZulu-Natal and many other places that have a long history dating back through the ages.
- Best beach holidays. Top beach destinations include Cape Town, which is known for its two oceans (Atlantic and Indian – each with their own range of beaches); Durban, which has year-round sunshine and warm water (and the famous Golden Mile beachfront); the Garden Route, which is home to the beach meccas of Knysna, Plettenberg Bay and Jeffery’s Bay; and the Eastern Cape, which is home to the beaches of East London, Port Elizabeth, Coffee Bay and many others worth visiting.
- Great for business travel. Home to many renowned conference centres, and playing host to a number of prestigious corporate events, many international companies have chosen this country as their headquarters, while others have national offices based throughout the country. With a plethora of apartments, villas and other centrally based accommodation options in and around major cities across the country, planning that business trip has never been easier.
- Self-catering convenience. In a country designed for tourism and travel, it makes sense that self-catering accommodation is widely available throughout the country. Ranging in size, type and quality, you can take your pick from smaller apartments located in city areas, luxurious beach villas in prime locations such as Cape Town’s Camps Bay or Clifton, or opt for something just out of the way enough to ensure tranquillity and peace during your stay. Whatever you choose, self-catering is the simplest way to enjoy your stay without restrictions and interruptions.
- Wildlife encounters. Kruger National Park, Addo Elephant National Park and a huge abundance of additional wildlife parks, reserves and private farms can be found here. This provides the best place to enjoy a safari like no other, with sightings of the Big 5 (lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo) along with many other species of game and bird.
- No shortage of things to do. But it’s not just safaris that are offered, either. Whatever your preferences – designer shopping, wine tasting, horse riding, paragliding, shark cage diving, canopy tours, markets, kayaking, boat cruises, wining, dining, relaxing… you are sure to find more than enough to do each and every day of your stay.
With its excellent weather and huge range of attractions, it is no wonder that celebrities and regular folk all say the same thing – South Africa is one of those places that has to be visited at least once in a lifetime. Plan your trip simply with the help of our wide selection of South African villas, which cater to all travel requirements and budgets.